N.C. Uniform Power of Attorney Act, G.S. 32C
Tuesday, December 12, 2017, Live Webinar
12:00 p.m. - 1:15 p.m. (CLE Sponsor 315, Course 76)
Clerks (for estates, guardianship, special proceedings) and other judicial officials; Department of Social Services attorneys and private attorneys
This live webinar will review the new North Carolina Uniform Power of Attorney Act under G.S. Chapter 32C. Panelists will review some of the key provisions of the law, including the impact on existing law, judicial relief procedures, and the effect on adult guardianship proceedings. Participants will be introduced to and gain a basic understanding of the new NCPOAA and how it will impact work in the clerk's office.
- Janice Davies, Attorney, NCBA Estate Planning and Fiduciary Law Section
- L. Allison Smith, Assistant Legal Counsel, NCAOC Office of General Counsel
- Meredith Smith, Assistant Professor of Public Law and Government, UNC School of Government
- James Stanford, Clerk of Superior Court of Orange County
- N.C. Administrative Office of the Courts
- UNC School of Government
Registration will close on Saturday, December 9, at 12:00 p.m.
Judicial Branch employees must register through the LearningCenter.
All others may register by clicking the button below.
Please contact CLEinfo@NCcourts.org with questions. Thank you for your interest in Judicial Branch training.