The following courthouses have changed their hours of operation. If a courthouse of particular interest to you is not listed, we recommend contacting that courthouse: Search courthouse by county.
- Chatham County Courthouse
will open on a normal schedule on Friday, March 6. Court sessions will be on a two-hour delay. The location is 40 East Chatham Street, Pittsboro. Filings will be accepted as normal.
Edgecombe County Courthouse
and clerk's office will delay opening at 10:00 a.m. on Friday, March 6. There are no court sessions. The location is 301 St. Andrew Street, Tarboro. Filings will be accepted at the clerk's office at 10:00 a.m.
- Granville County Courthouse
will be on two-hour delay opening at 10:30 a.m. on Friday, March 6. Small claims district and child support will begin at 11:30 a.m. The location is 101 Main Street, Oxford. Filings will be accepted at (919) 693-2694 by Yancey Washington.
- Greene County court sessions will be canceled, pending assessment of fire damage. The location is 301 N. Greene Street, Snow Hill. All cases will be continued and an effort is being made by the Clerk of Court to notify all defendants of the cancellation. Filings will be accepted at the magistrate office, 301 N. Greene Street, Snow Hill; (252) 747-6219.
NOTE: The projected re-opening date is March 9, however this date is tentative.
- Johnston County Courthouse
and clerk's office will delay opening at 9:00 a.m. on Friday, March 6. District court will open at 10:00 a.m. The location is 207 E. Johnston Street, Smithfield. Filings will be accepted at the criminal magistrate office on 2nd Street, Smithfield, (919) 209-5462.
- N.C. Judicial Center (NCJC), NCAOC headquarters (the business office complex for the courts and NOT the Wake County Courthouse), adverse weather policy is in effect with a two-hour delay on Friday, March 6. For additional information, call (919) 890-1000.
To see if a class has been canceled or delayed,
please call (919) 890-1333.
Judicial Branch Holiday Schedule
View the 2015 holiday calendar.