NOTE: The Online Mediator Certification Renewal Payment System is administered through the NC Administrative Office of the Courts. A secure payment vendor, NIC, Inc., is used for the processing of payments. NIC, Inc. applies a portal administrative fee to all payments received through this online payment system.
- What credit cards can be used to pay my renewal fee online?
MasterCard, Visa, American Express, and Discover card are all accepted.
- May I pay my renewal fee using a debit card?
- How can I obtain a receipt for my payment?
To obtain a receipt for payment, an email address must be provided. A payment confirmation email will be sent after payment is received to the email account provided. To confirm payment of your online renewal fee, contact NIC, Inc., at 1-888-859-6183.
- Who should I contact if my credit card payment is declined?
Questions regarding your online credit card payment should be directed to your credit card company. You may also try to use a different card.
- Does the name on the invoice and the name on the credit or debit card have to be the same?
No, the name on the credit or debit card and the name on the mediator certification renewal application may be different.
- Can I pay my mediator certification renewal fee online any time of the day?
Yes, the online service is available for payment 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- What should I do if I have trouble using the online payment service?
If there is an issue with your credit card, call your credit card company. For other problems, contact NIC Inc., at 1-888-859-6183.
- When I pay my mediator certification renewal fee online, is the DRC notified of my payment?
Yes, if you pay your mediator certification renewal fee online through this service, the Dispute Resolution Commission (DRC) is notified electronically each evening, Monday through Friday. If your invoice is paid online over the weekend, the DRC will be notified electronically on the following Monday night.
- How is the portal administration fee calculated for processing my mediator certification renewal payment online?
The portal administration fee is not a DRC charge, but a charge for using the NIC, Inc. portal to pay by credit card. The portal administration fee is calculated as 2.25% of the Total Amount Due (collected by your credit card company) plus $1.00 (NIC, Inc. fee). Example:Total Amount Due of $140.00 (certification fee for one program) x 2.25% + $1.00 = $4.15 (portal administration fee), for a total amount due of $144.15. You will have the opportunity to review all applicable fees prior to finalizing your transaction. You will have the option to cancel your online transaction if you do not wish to pay the additional portal administration fee. If you choose to cancel the transaction, mail your check, along with your invoice, to:
N.C. Dispute Resolution Commission
PO Box 2448
Raleigh, NC 27602