If you are interested in learning about the ethical and professional obligations of mediators, click on the first option on your left.
1. The Standards of Professional Conduct for Mediators;
2. The Advisory Opinion Policy;
3. Advisory Opinions adopted by the Commission to date;
4. Advertising Guidelines for Mediators;
5. Observation Policy for Certification Applications; and
6. Guidelines for the "Unauthorized Practice of Law for Non-Attorney Mediators.
If you wish to file a formal complaint regarding the conduct of a mediator, click on the second option on your left to download a complaint packet. Please be advised that the Commission regulates the conduct of mediators only and cannot assist you if you have a complaint about a lawyer or a judge.
If you are interested in learning more about mediation or want to improve your skills as a mediator, click on the third option on your left. From that option, you may access websites on mediation theory and practice, contact information for professional mediator organizations active in North Carolina, a list of Commission members' favorite books on mediation and mediation blogs.