You must appear in administrative traffic court on the date set on your ticket unless you pay off the ticket beforehand.
We cannot give you legal advice such as how a speed reduction or driving school alternate will affect your insurance points you will need to check with the North Carolina Department of Insurance
. You may ask your attorney for advice about your citation. Your attorney may waive your appearance for you. Defendants wanting to plead guilty to a lesser offense should appear personally or through counsel prepared to propose a lesser offense to the Assistant District Attorney.
- BRING: Pink copy of ticket AND CASH. Bring at least $100.00 court cost and $25.00 for a fine in case one is to be imposed.
- PLACE: Room 317, 3rd Floor, New Hanover County Judicial Building, 4th & Princess Street, Wilmington, NC.
- DATE: Only on the date of your ticket.
- COURT COSTS AND FINES: Cash only no checks.
- CONTINUANCES: If you cannot appear or want a trial, have your attorney or someone appear for you and find out your trial date.
- NO SHOWS: If you do not show up, your license will be revoked and you will also owe an additional $50.00 penalty.
- EXPIRED LICENSE/INSPECTION/ACCIDENTS: Bring a current driver's license. Get your car inspected or proof it was sold. If involved in an accident, you may want to bring a letter from your insurance company stating whether they are assuming liability for the other person's damages.