The right to a trial by jury of our fellow citizens is one of our most important rights and is guaranteed by the United States and North Carolina Constitutions. By serving, jurors are helping to preserve this freedom. If you are required to serve on a jury, you may be asked to make decisions that affect others' civil or property rights, or you may be asked to determine someone's right to freedom or even to life itself. Jurors' contributions are invaluable to the court and our democratic tradition.
You, the Juror is a 15 minute video that depicts a typical juror's courtroom experience.
Scam News Alert: Residents Beware of Jury Duty Phone Scam
Charlotte area Jury Scam Alert, video: Don’t Be a Victim of the Jury Duty Phone Scam
In Mecklenburg County, citizens who are summoned for jury service may access the interactive juror website at jury.mecklenburgcountync.gov
. This site was designed to manage the most common requests related to jury service and offers many helpful features for jurors, including the ability to:
- Look up a lost Juror Number
- Obtain current reporting status or status of a request for deferral or excusal (submitted via website)
- Access jury service history
- Verify/update personal data
- Request a deferral or an excusal
- Request special assistance
- Learn about no pay option
- Request a jury service reminder
- View and contribute to Employer Honor Roll
- Complete Pretrial Questionnaire or Exit Questionnaire
- Print jury service notifications
- Print Employer Letter or Jury Service Verification Certificate, after jury service concludes
To log onto the interactive site, you will need your juror number
or the last four digits of your Social Security number. The Jury Management Office hopes the interactive website is user friendly and is an efficient way to obtain important information about your jury service.
Your feedback regarding the website is welcomed. Please share any suggestions or let us know about your experience on the Jury Service Exit Survey