The Family Court relies on bright and dedicated college and law school interns to assist with achieving its mission and goals. Interns are given challenging and relevant assignments throughout their tenure.
Skills Obtained During Internship:
- Develop resource information for litigants and attorneys
- Research and develop information for the Family Court web page
- Assist with organizing and presenting forums on the court process and other relevant topics
- Assist with updating the scheduling database
- Administer customer service surveys to attorneys and litigants
- Assist with special projects
- Basic Legal Vocabulary
- Understanding of Court Processes
- Preparation of Resource Information
- Public Speaking
- Event Organizing
Graduate and Professional Students and Upper-class Undergraduate students majoring or interested in Social Work, Psychology, Pre-Law, Paralegal Technology, or Criminal Justice. It is helpful if a student has prior experience in a customer relation's environment. Excellent research and writing skills are required. Computer literate.
The Intern will work 30 - 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
To be considered, please send a cover letter and resume to: Charles Keller, Community Access & Outreach Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org.