The Family Court encourages voluntary participation in the development and operations of the Family Court. While enhancing the Family Court, volunteers receive the satisfaction of rendering a real and valuable service to their community.
As a volunteer, you can assist with:
- Administering Customer Service Surveys to Attorneys and Litigants
- Data Entry
- Mass Mailings
- General Clerical Work
- Developing Resource Information for the Public
- Special Projects or Events
- Receptionist and Greeter Duties
Volunteers do not receive monetary compensation, but are rewarded in other ways
- You learn about the Court
- You gain experience and skills that will enable you to help yourself and others
- You enhance your resume
- You explore new career paths
- You make new friends
- You enjoy personal growth
- You are able to help make your community a better place
Being a Family Court volunteer could be beneficial to you and to the Family Court. In the Court, you will find a great group of people from all walks of life with one thing in common-- they enjoy helping others. If you are wondering if it is right for you, check it out. You won't know until you try.
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer, contact us today. You may write us at Mecklenburg County Family Court, 800 East Fourth Street, Suite 211, Charlotte, N.C. 28202, call us at (704) 347-7869.