Resident Superior Court Judge
Patrice A. Hinnant
Resident Judge, North Carolina Superior Court Fifth Judicial Division, District 18. Appointed October, 2009;
Elected unopposed, November 2010.
Spelman College, B.A. Atlanta, Georgia.
North Carolina Central University, J.D.
School of Law Durham, North Carolina.
Assistant Public Defender - Greensboro, North Carolina.
Private Practice - Greensboro, North Carolina.
District Court Judge - Guilford County, North Carolina.
American Bar Association - Judicial Division.
N.C. Delegate - State Trial Judges
NC Conference of Superior Court Judges - Secretary
National Bar Association - Judicial Council - Chair.
North Carolina Bar Association: Bench Bar Liaison; Strategic Planning and Emerging Trends Committee
Inns of Court - Guilford Inn - Master.
North Carolina State Bar - Past: Ethics Committee, Grievance Committee.
Past: Commission on Race Relations in the Profession.
North Carolina Association of Black Lawyer: Board of Governors. - Past: Vice President.
Guilford County Association of Black Lawyers.
Greensboro Bar Association: Past: President, President-elect, Board of Directors.
Community Services Affiliations:
- Rotary Club of Greensboro - Paul Harris Fellow.
- Carolina Theatre Board of Directors
- The Links, Inc. - Chapter Vice President
- Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. - Past: National Board ; Regional Council; Chapter President.
Past - service includes:
- Junior League of Greensboro - President; AJLI Committee.
- United Arts Council of Greensboro - Board Chair, Board of Directors.
- Moses Cone Hospital - Board of Directors.
- Moses Cone/Wesley Long Community Health Foundation - Board of Trustees.
- Community foundation of Greensboro - Board of Directors
- Triad Bank (currently known now as BB&T) - Advisory Board.
- United Way of Greensboro - various committees.