Think about it - A career with the North Carolina Judicial Branch of state government! Did you know that the Judicial Branch:
- Employs over 6,500 people.
- Has positions in every county in the state.
- Depends on people with a wide range of skills and abilities to make the Judicial Branch function including:
- Assistant and Deputy Clerks of Court - Process, control and maintain documentation of court cases.
- Victim and Witness Legal Assistants - Support prosecutors by providing administrative support, assisting victims and processing and preparing documents.
- Court Support Personnel - Support judges by tracking cases, preparing court calendars and responding to public inquiries.
- Assistant District Attorneys - Prosecute all classes of criminal cases from infractions to felonies.
- Magistrates - Adjudicate legal matters involving small claims (less than $5,000) and conduct preliminary matters in criminal case such as setting bail.
- Computer Technologists - Develop and support innovative technical solutions to meet court workload.
- Has a budget of over $450 million.
- Processes over 3 million cases per year.
The Judicial Branch mission: To protect and preserve the rights and liberties of all the people, as guaranteed by the Constitutions and laws of the United States and North Carolina by providing a fair, independent and accessible forum for the just, timely and economical resolution of their legal affairs.
To learn more about positions for which we are currently recruiting for, and how to apply, click on the Judicial Branch Vacancies link on the left. Check out the other links to learn more about employment with the Judicial Branch, including the mix of benefits we offer.